Sooooo I've had quite the week...
It started on Sunday. If you're my friend on facebook, which I hope you are, I'm sure you saw my status about how I turned my hair green. Well here's the whole story.
So I was having a nice, relaxing, rainy Sunday. I just laid around, watched Lifetime movies, and just took up space until around 2. It. Was. Fantastic. I haven't done that in forever. And I got to catch up on some pretty awesome Lifetime movies (although I'm starting to think they are causing me to not trust any man ever, but that's for another day.)
Well I decided to do a little online shopping (since, afterall, that didn't involve much movement) and I went through my usual online browsing routine. I went to Private Gallery's website first. And then to JCrew. And then on to Victoria Secret. That's where my day took a turn.
I started thinking about swim suit season and it kind of made me sick to my stomach. I'm SOOO not ready for bathing suit season. Like at all. I've been running and stuff, but I'm still nowhere near being able to be comfortable in a swimsuit. Woof. So in a state of panic, I decided to go to the gym.
I put my workout clothes on and realized I couldn't find the headband I always wear. I'm a sweater (as in I sweat a lot, not like the article of clothing) so my hair always ends up plastered to my face. Not cute. So I always wear this one specific tan headband.
Well it is nowhere to be found (I'm convinced there are little gremlins in my apartment that think it's really fun to hide stuff from me because things disappear frequently) so I looked at my other headbands to try to find something that would work.
I found this green headband that I had never worn before. I don't really wear green (as in, I NEVER wear green) so what possessed me to buy a green hair accessory I may never know. I decided that this would be my new workout headband. Done and Done.
So I went and ran at the gym since it has been and continues to monsoon out. It was particularly humid in the gym that day, probably because of the rain and then sweaty people in the building. I finished up, went home, cooked dinner, and then went to take a shower.
I turned the water on and went to wash my face. I took the headband off just to make sure I didn't jump in the shower with it (which wouldn't have mattered because it was completely soaked with sweat, anyway. Gross, I know.) So I washed my face and grabbed the towel to dry off. I looked in the mirror to see if I still had eyemakeup under my eyes only to find....
A perfect green line around my head.
Like it was so perfect and so green, I thought the headband was still on. I immediately screamed and jumped in the shower to scrub my hair. I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. I jumped out of the shower to see if the scrubbing worked, but it didn't. So I got back in and scrubbed until my head was sore.
When I got back out of the shower, it was still there. So I decided that shampoo obviously wasn't going to do the trick.
So, of course, I did what I always do when I have a problem. I called my mom.
I told her the story, and once she caught her breath from laughing (Cool, mom, thanks) she asked if I tried washing it. Duh, mom. You didn't raise no fool. So we started thinking of other options. But, because my hair is colored, I was too scared to try anything on it because I was scared it would turn my whole head a different color! Or make my hair fall out completely! Some girls can pull of the no hair look. Even though I've never tried it, I can 100% guarentee you I would not be one of the girls.
So it's now Tuesday and I still have green in my hair. It has faded but it's still very much visible. So I will be sporting headbands (not the green one, obviously) all week. I just pray it comes out soon.
That was just the beginning of me week. I try to update you on the rest of it soon.
And I'll let you know the status of my reality show that really needs to happen. FML.
Jessica! This story was absolutely hilarious! Best part is I can picture you freaking out after looking in the mirror! Love it! Wish you took a pic so we could see! haha
ReplyDeleteMiss you!!
Kate