Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tatted up.

Soooooo I'm thinking about getting a tattoo. A sleeve actually. Ya know, my whole arm done.

JUST KIDDING!!!

But I'm for real thinking about getting some ink (I don't think I'm cool enough to say 'getting some ink.' Yep, just decided. Not cool enough.)

I've been thinking a lot about what I should get. I want to get something meaningful and small of course. I don't really want it to show. I'm not really the kind of girl who could pull of tattoos, so this needs to be a discrete one.

I've been racking my brain about what it should be, and I keep coming back to this lyric from "My Kind of Crazy":

"God shook his head the day He built her, but I bet He smiled."

I just love that. I get it stuck in my head all of the time and it just makes me happy.

I hate making mistakes. I'm definitely a people-pleaser. A lot of my anxiety and stress comes from me being so scared I'm going to disappoint someone.

This little lyric makes me think that God knows the mistakes I'm going to make and that I've already made, and that it's okay to mess up. It makes us who we are. I'm going to make mistakes, and sometimes they are going to be big ones. But God made me the way I am for a reason. And even though I want to just slap myself for some of the stupid things I've done (and I'm sure God has a few choice words for me too sometimes), everything happens for a reason. He made me with my imperfections and I just need to go with it. They serve a purpose somewhere down the road.

So I'm thinking about getting that somewhere around my hip to wear even a swimsuit would cover it. We'll see. I keep tossing it around in my head, so we'll see if it ever actually happens.

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that!!! I think it's great! You have a way with words, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!
    ps- im getting inked too! Go for it girl!!

    ReplyDelete