So I'm over the "30 Days of Pictures." I may pick it back up later, but for right now I'm bored with it. (Note: I realize I didn't even make it half way through. So sue me.)
I've been having the worst time sleeping lately and it's getting REALLY old. I'm not one of those people who can survive on minimal amounts of sleep. I need some shut-eye. Always have, always will.
But here's the kicker. My mom and my grandmother have serious sleep issues. So, I basically don't have a shot at normal sleep habits. The reason I'm saying this (well, complaining would probably be a better word) is because when I wake up at all hours of the night, I have some pretty interesting thoughts.
Here's a sample of what runs through my head at night:
1. Where's my phone? (I always fall asleep with it and then I move around a lot in my sleep. So my first task is to locate it in the mass abyss I call my covers to see what time it is.)
2. It's only 2:15. The Home Improvement marathon doesn't come on for another 45 min. (I've memorized the late night show schedule. Between 2 and 3 is the worst time because it is when the real shows are going off and the informercials are starting. There's a Home Improvement marathon and a Married with Children Marathon on every night starting at 3 and lasting until 5 or 6. I know you can rest better at night knowing that.)
3. I wonder if my neighbors would get mad if I started a load of laundry? (So now I start thinking of productive ways to spend my time. Clearly sleeping isn't going to happen. I live in an apartment building with unusually thin walls, which makes things like running the dishwasher and washing machine somewhat time-sensitive since I would rather my neighbors not hate me.)
4. I wonder if I could get away with not showering this morning? Maybe my hair will cooperate. (Kinda gross, I know. But when you are only sleeping 4 hours a night, when you finally go to sleep you want to stay that way for as long as possible).
(This is usually the time I start worrying about things.)
5. Man, when I start my new job on Wednesday, I'm going to have to wake up A LOT earlier. I actually have to wear grown-up clothes so that will make getting ready take a lot longer, which means I'll have to get up at 6:30. And I have to go all the way downtown. With traffic and everything, it will take another 30 minutes. SO that means I'll be getting up at 6! And if I had to do that this morning, even if I was able to fall asleep by 3 then I would only get 3 hours of sleep! And then I'll have to go in to work sleepy and tired, and then I won't get my work done, and then my boss will fire me, and then I won't have a job, and then I won't be able to pay my rent, and then...Oh my gosh, I'm homeless. (I get myself worked up into this worry frenzy that delays the falling back asleep process even more).
6. Well if I lose my job, I saw on the internet that Charlie Sheen is hiring an intern for his social media stuff. I could do that. And working for Charlie Sheen? I mean, at least work would always be interesting. Maybe I'll apply for that just in case. (Clearly being rational is out the door at 2:30 in the morning.)
7. I wonder if Charlie is seeing a psychologist? He would be a psychologist's dream. So many things to explore! I wonder what his childhood was like. People just don't realize how much their childhood affects their entire lives. (And then I get all philosophical).
8. I hope I'm a good mom one day. Actually, I hope I get to be a mom, period. I think having a child would be the hardest/most rewarding experience ever. My kids will be the coolest kids around. Or else. Just kidding. (And then I start thinking about the future.)
(And this is the point where I usually turn to my phone for entertainment because thinking about the future freaks me out.)
9. I haven't check Texts From Last Night in a while. I mean, I just don't think some of these are for real. Well...
10. Oh good, Home Improvements on...ZZZZZZZZZZZ (I swear, I don't know what it is about that show but it knocks me right out.)
So this is a nightly ritual. The thoughts vary some, but they follow the same pattern. So if anyone is ever awake between 2 and 3, feel free to call. I'd love to chat. Well, at least until Home Improvement comes on. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment