Friday, July 23, 2010

My first go at it.


So, here it goes. My first attempt at blogging. I have always been quit fascinated by people who blog. How do they know what to say? How do they know what incidents in their lives are entertaining enough to share? Well folks, after the day that I had yesterday, I decided to venture into the world of blogging. If for no other purpose, this can serve as a list of stories to tell my friends, family, etc. so that I don't forget any last detail. If you know me at all, you know that I have some of the craziest/randomest things that happen to me. So, for my first attempt, I will share my sequence of unfortunate events that made up my yesterday.


This Thursday was one for the books. For starters, I pulled into the parking lot, only to find a flock of geese guarding the front door. Now, for normal humans, this wouldn't be that big of a deal. I mean, they're birds, big deal. Oh no, this was the worst/most frightening thing that could happen in the world of Jessica Leigh Hobbs. I HATE birds. Like birds are to me as spiders or snakes are to other people. I've had many traumatic experiences with birds, and let me tell ya, they are definitely a source of anxiety and terror in my book. So when I saw that there was a freakin' flock of them at the door, I had no clue what to do. So, naturally, I pulled Gina (my Jeep) up onto the sidewalk and scared them away. Well, I don't really know about scaring them, due to the fact they looked at me with that annoyed goose look and just waddled off. But that was good enough for me. Mission accomplished.

So that started my day off on an odd foot. That doesn't happen every day (thank goodness). I walked into work, trying to avoid the goose poop that they so graciously left behind, and started my daily duties. I looked on the calendar so see if our attorney had any appointments set for the day. There was only one on the calendar, so I settled in with my Vanilla Diet Coke to start my morning ritual of facebook creepin'. When the door opened, I glanced to see that it was the client that was scheduled to come, said hello, and then about my business. I heard Shelly (the attorney) walk out and say hello. I heard this really awkward pause and wondered what was happening. I peaked around my desk to see Shelly's hand extended out like she was about to shake our client's new wife's hand, only to find out that the poor woman doesn't have hands!!! Holy cow!!! Now I realize how insensitive and just plain mean this may sound, but the look on Shelly's face was absolutely priceless. As an attorney, she is very put together, straight-laced, and almost always able to keep her cool. I'll tell ya, I almost peed myself watching her try to back-peddle her way outta that one! Apparently the poor lady gets that a lot so she just made a joke about it.

So I pretty much thought the day couldn't get any better. Then, we went out (it was Thursday, of course we went out) to see this band. They were called Mountain Sprout (pictured above). I'd never heard of them, but in my 23 years of life I have never turned down a concert. And boy am I glad I didn't turn down this one! One of their first songs was something about stinking like a turkey buzzard. Another was about dry counties in Arkansas and how if they can't drink they'll just grow weed. Another was, "Dang girl why we have to be related, dang girl why you look so good." Not. Even. Kidding. Funniest thing I have ever been to.

So, overall, I think that God had a pretty good laugh at at my day yesterday, which I think God needs a good laugh every once and a while. I'm okay with him laughing at my life sometimes. If my days keep going like this, I'll have no shortage of stuff to blog about! :)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world. I haven't made it there yet. But, you are always a technology step, or ten, ahead of me. I have to say, I am quite thrilled that I get the joy of reading about you every day, this is a daily thing, right? God always teaches you a funny lesson by the way you run into people. You're involved in the greatest coincidences, are the most ramdom event attender, and of course, the greatest social queen. But i must say that I am jealous that you have the experiences you do. At least Jessica L Hobbs knows how to laugh at everything:) Good, bad, accidental or funny.

    ReplyDelete