Thursday, July 29, 2010

Don't you worry, big strong men. I'll carry these 50 pound boxes by myself!

So, I had to run errands this morning for work. Running errands is one of my favorite things to do (no, really) so I love days when I get to go pick up and drop off stuff. Well, today was an Office Depot run.

First off, I was a little upset because I saw all of these kids buying school supplies. I was incredibly jealous. They have all kinds of pretty new binders and dividers, not to mention some way cool pens that they definitely didn't have when I was in school (which was only 6 months ago, but still). So I wasn't in the best of moods, but I decided to return to my mission.

All I needed was two boxes of printer paper and some binding combs. I guess I was distracted by my jealousy of the new school supplies that I didn't even think to get a cart. So I find my binding combs and head to the paper section. I find the paper that I need and proceeded to try to lift one of the boxes. I mean, I'm no weeny, but those boxes were A LOT heavier than I thought they would be. I opted to walk back to get a cart. I figured that would be easier than having to make a stop at the hospital for a hernia or slipped disc in my back.

I get back to the paper, bend down to pick it up and heave one of the boxes into my cart. I looked around to make sure that I hadn't flashed anyone in my struggle with the box, only to see three worker men just standing around watching me try to get these boxes loaded. Really? I mean, I knew chivalry was dead, but c'mon. I'm short. I had to lift the boxes almost to my shoulders to get them in the cart. I kept thinking, "Surely one of them will ask to help with the second one." Negative, ghost writer. They just watched my struggle.

I want to know who raised these men. I want each one of their mothers' phone numbers to let them know that they failed miserably at teaching their boys how to be polite and chivalrous. Absolutely ridiculous. We are in the south, people! I mean, at least show some Southern Hospitality! Arkansas isn't know for many positive things, but the one thing we do have is friendliness. Please don't let the Office Depot workers take that away from us.

On a lighter note, today is Thursday which means tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! Thank the good Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment