





So I'm really missing all of my Kappa ladies today. I dreamed last night that we were all getting ready for initiation. It was our junior year so we were all dressing up in our crazy outfits. When I woke up, I was crushed to find out that I wasn't in my top bunk in me and Mary's room.
That got me thinking about how wonderful living in the Kappa house was. I miss waking up to Mary's "I Melt" alarm and praying that it would wake her up so that she would finally turn it off. I miss walking by Dee and Amanda's room to get to the bathroom and hearing Dee's alarm going off for the third hour straight and wondering if I should even attempt to wake her up. I miss passing Becca and Danielle's room and hearing them yelling about any drama that was going on. I miss our little nook. I miss Sunday mornings when we would all eat breakfast in the butler's pantry before church and talk about all the crazy things that happened that weekend. I miss skipping class and rounding everybody up to go to the baseball game, only after our mandatory Sonic run. I miss us all getting ready together. "Can I borrow this dress?" "Only if I can borrow these shoes." I miss laying in the middle of Dee and Amanda's room and catching up on all of the latest drama. I miss our crazy dance parties. I miss everybody getting mad at Mary, Kalie, and I because we made the whole floor reek of IcyHot after our workouts with Britney. I miss snow days. I miss us all watching Grey's Anatomy, Project Runway, and the Bachelor/Bachelorette together in the basement and flipping out when people started talking during the show. I miss laughing until it hurts at something stupid because we were delirious from studying so late. I miss functions and discussing who we would all take as dates. I miss walking to class together only to successful talk each other out of going.
But most of all, I miss knowing every single thing about each other. I miss being so involved with each other's lives that it was hard to tell when one person stopped and the other person began. I miss always having someone to chat with no matter what time of night it was. If someone was crying, we would all be ready to kick whoever's butt it was that made her cry. I miss that support system and being surrounded by my best friends.
It was annoying living with that many girls at times (I left with less clothes and DVDs that when I moved in), but the good definitely outweighed the bad. I had the privilege of living with some of the most amazing girls I have ever met, and I could not be prouder to call them my sisters. I miss y'all every single day. I used to think it was so cliche how every sorority girl talked about the lifelong friends she made through joining, but it is so true. I love y'all more than you know.
So this is a shout out to my Kappa ladies. Y'all are truly the best. Good thing everybody is getting married so that we have an excuse to get together and party! :) Love and loyalty.
:)
ReplyDelete