So I started my new job last week. Things are good. A little stressful because I'm in over my head, but the people are super nice and I love working downtown. I feel like such a grown-up (but trust me, I'm only playing the part).
Here is my biggest issue right now with this company...
On Fridays, they ALWAYS, and I repeat, ALWAYS have doughnuts. I guess it's supposed to be a "Hey! You survived the week!" present, but to me it's torture.
I'm trying so hard to be healthier and lose weight and work out/run at least 5 times a week. I'm really trying to watch calories. And, since I'm new to this job, I'm stressed a lot, so Fridays are like a light at the end of the tunnel. I obviously look forward to them.
But, I dread trying to stop myself from grabbing one of those heavenly little pastries...
At first, I just told myself that I would avoid the kitchen at all costs until after lunch (because who eats doughnuts in the afternoon? Plus after lunch maybe I wouldn't be hungry). Seems like a fool proof plan right? I had found my solution.
Until I realized I have to go through the kitchen to get to the bathroom...
DAAAAAAAAAANG IT!!!
Everyone knows that I have a bladder the size of a two year old's AND I've been drinking tea in the mornings for a little pick-me-up. Let me tell ya, that is a deadly combination.
As I'm typing this it is 11:18 a.m. and I have already made 4 bathroom trips and counting. That means I have passed those little calorie filled goodies 8 times at least. FML.
I'm mentally and physically exhausted on Fridays, so trying to force myself to "step away from the doughnuts" is ridiculously challenging. I keep hoping they will have all been eaten by my next bathroom trip (which I probably have about another 15 min before my bladder starts screaming) so we'll see.
But I guess if this is my most challenging situation today, I'm doing pretty good.
Happy Friday!
Haha good luck! ...And I'd prob eat a donut in the afternoon... :-/
ReplyDelete