Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My thoughts exactly...

So my friend Ashley "Dee" Davidson sent me an email the other day that was titled "Random Thoughts of People Our Age." It was probably the funniest thing I have ever read simply because of how true it is. I won't make you read all of them, but here are a few of my favorites.

1. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
Ok, I could not agree more. I've been on quite a few trips where I have honestly feared for my life. I always think to myself, "I hope my parents sue Google if I die."

6. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
I try not to have many regrets in life, but this one I just can't get over. Naps are the single greatest, most underappreciated aspects of being in preschool.

9. There is a great need for sarcasm font.
I know I, for one, would have avoided many misunderstandings if we had this.

10. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the f-- was going on when I first saw it.
Case and point: I watched "Pretty Woman" all the time when I was little. Had no clue what that movie was really about.

13. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
I LOVE this one. I've never thought about it, but this is so true.

16. A recent study has shown that playing beer pong contributes to the spread of mono and the flu. Yeah, if you suck at it.
Hahahahaha another favorite one.

20. Answering the same letter three times or more in a row on a Scantron test is absolutely petrifying.
Agreed!

23. Every time I have to spell a word over the phone using 'as in' examples, I will undoubtedly draw a blank and sound like a complete idiot. Today I had to spell my boss's last name to an attorney and said "Yes that's G as in...(10 second lapse)...ummm...Goonies"
I do this all the time. I always have to spell the law firm where I work and once I said, "K as in....uh....Kitkat." I'm an idiot.

32. Whenever I'm Facebook stalking someone and I find out that their profile is public I feel like a kid on Christmas morning who just got the Red Ryder BB gun that I always wanted. 546 pictures? Don't mind if I do!
Everyone thinks this, don't even act like you don't.

39. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.
This always happens to me at work and I panic for a half a second.

41. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damnit!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?
Not to name names but I have a few friends who do this. Cough Morgan cough.

51. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet anything that everyone can find and push the Snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time every time...
I feel like our generation, especially, has perfected this.

There were so many other really good ones, but these are my favorites. If you want to read all of them, let me know and I'll forward you the email.


In other news, the Hogs are going to take down Alabama in T-4 days and I don't think I have ever been so excited. Fayetteville is going to be ridiculous this weekend. SO PUMPED!!! WOOOOO PIG SOOOOIE!!!

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha OMG all of those are hysterical!!! and oh so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would also like to know what happens to morgan in the 2 sec it takes for me to return her call...

    ReplyDelete
  3. JUST found your blog!! Why has it taken me so long?!.... LOVED all of these! Hilarious! I want the email! Kirsten.b.design@gmail.com!

    Once when spelling my name I said "K as in... .... .... Kitty." It just sounds stupid.

    ReplyDelete