I've tried everything to fix it. I've tried watching TV until I fall asleep. I've tried turning the TV off before I go to sleep. I've tried reading before bed. I've tried Tylenol PM. Nothing works.
So last night I went to sleep around 11 and woke up about 1 this morning. I was so frustrated because I was SO tired. There was no reason in the world why I shouldn't be asleep.
Normally, this is when my brain goes into overdrive trying to understand why I'm awake. My first thought goes to "well, something must be bothering me." I then brainstorm on what could be bothering me. I then start worrying about everything in my life that isn't going perfectly. And it spirals out of control from there.
Last night, however, I was so frustrated and exhausted that I thought to myself, "Ya know, I don't have to be doing this alone." So, I started talking to God. It started out as, "I mean, seriously, why am I awake? I get cranky when I don't get enough sleep and that's no good for anybody." Then it dawned on me that maybe God is trying to tell me something. I then started talking to Him about things that I have been worried about. Then, it seemed like I started working through things. Things that I had been worried about for a while didn't seem so bad. It was the coolest feeling.
I have to tell you, talking through my problems and worries made me feel SO much better. It was almost like God was waking me up in hopes that I would chat with Him and work through things. I've been really slacking in my conversations with God lately, which is probably why I have so many worries. I'm thankful that He will slap me in the face sometimes (metaphorically speaking, of course) and do things like this to get my attention.
So, tonight if I wake up, I'm just going to consider it my date with God. It's nice to be able to tell him anything. And it's nice that He's always listening. That's so comforting to me.
Until then, though, you may want to steer clear of me until I get my sleeping schedule back! :)

OMG I love love love this post! And I feel the exact same way and started doing the same thing! haha I need to have more dates with God too.
ReplyDelete