I'm having one of those weeks. Actually, it has been the past two weeks. It's just one thing after another. The latest frustration is that my debit card was stolen. FML. Apparently I left it at Yaya's and someone grabbed it and just started swipping away.
However, after looking at all of the transactions on my bank account, I've decided that whoever took it must be new to the criminal world. This was definitely not a hardened felon. Not to say what they did wasn't wrong, but the situation could have been a lot worse. The first transaction was at a gas station. The next one was at Taco Bell, where they spent almost $15 (how do you spend that much at TB? Kind of impressed.) Then they went to the gas station again (filling up their friends' cars I'm assuming) and then went to Back Yard Burger. It wasn't like they went to Best Buy or Walmart and stocked up, thank goodness. So even though it's a pain in the butt that I don't have a debit card, things could have turned out a WHOLE lot worse.
So THEN, I went to dinner with my parents last night to discuss my future business ventures. The waitor brought out our check and my mom said that she had cash so she would just pay for it. She reached for her purse and realized she left her wallet at home. So she turned to my dad and told him to just put it on his debit card. My dad whips his wallet out only to find that his debit card was gone (he ended up finding it later that night). Awesome. So my mom, not thinking, turned to me and told me to just put it on my debit card. After realizing none of us had any form of payment with us, we just looked at the waitor. Luckily, I realized I just happened to have my credit card on me so we ended up being fine.
Now, what are the chances that out of the three of us, not one of us had our debit cards? I was pretty sure we would be spending the evening washing dishes in the back.
I swear, people (me included) could make a lot of money if they gave me a reality show. I'll be calling TLC, Bravo, and Lifetime to pitch my idea soon. I'll keep ya updated on how it goes.
In other news, we leave for Vegas tomorrow. My next post should be pretty interesting...
Well you definitely deserve Vegas, sugar!!! That's all so stressful! I can't wait for the next post! :-)
ReplyDeletep.s. remember me in your "business ventures" hehe
I will definitely be thinking of you during the planning of my next 'business venture,' don't you worry! :)
ReplyDelete