Thursday, January 20, 2011

So many decisions...

Okay, the past few and the upcoming next few month have been/will be full of big decisions for me to make, such as moving into an apartment by myself (which I decided to do), starting a new job (since my law firm will be closed down in June due to my attorney moving), starting my own business (Arbonne! Whoop whoop!), etc.

Well if you know me at all, you know that when I am stressed or overwhelmed I usually pick something that isn't that important and fixate/completely obsess over that one aspect of my life.

Well, this time I have chosen decorating my apartment.

I should be fretting over finding a job to pay for my apartment and building my Arbonne business, but noooo....

Now, I am completely aware that my mother is a ridiculously talented interior decorator and any normal human who has a family member like would be able to put this worry on the backburner and focus on the important stuff. Not this human.

I am completely engulfing myself in figuring out exactly how I want my apartment to look. I want it to adult but not too adult. I want it to be cozy with a little elegance to it. I want it to be fancy but comfortable. But then I also want my personality to show in it. I mean, that's not to much to ask is it?...

In a dream world, I would have enough money to buy everything new from Riffraff. After all, that is the cutest/best store of all time. But, since it's in Fayetteville AND I have little to no money to buy anything (not that Riffraff is expensive at all. It's actually ridiculously well priced.), I may just have to settle for picking up a few decorations from Hobby Lobby and call it a day.

If anybody knows of any blogs or websites that has ideas on how to decorate in an non-expensive way, let me know!!!

Be safe in the snow!

1 comment:

  1. Oh lady... check out some of my blogs I follow and links on my page! There are great ones for inspiration! I love that stuff too! I can't wait to see your new apartment! Love you and remember me if you need to vent :-)

    ReplyDelete